Here at the Minivan Bucket List, we want to help you travel as affordably as possible so you can travel more and create those memories with your family. So if you're dreaming of a nice Utah road trip and wondering how to make it more affordable, consider this your guide to more adventures!
We're not big campers and we don't like to stay in the cheapest motels, either, just to save a buck. We're actually big fans of the Marriott Bonvoy rewards program and we like to maximize our travel rewards through travel hacking so we can earn free stays.
When you sign up for the Marriott Bonvoy Chase credit card right now, you can actually earn 3 free nights at any Marriott property, as long as those nights can be redeemed for 35,000 points per night or less.
Where in Utah can you take advantage of this offer?
Here's our roundup of the 8 best Marriott hotels in Utah for under 35,000 points:
8. Salt Lake City Marriott City Center - located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake, near the Vivint Arena where the Utah Jazz play, Temple Square, Eccles Theater for Broadway plays, and more.
7. Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek - located in the upscale City Creek mall, this hotel would be a great hub for outdoor adventures because it's located less than an hour from a whopping nine world-class ski resorts.
6. Courtyard Salt Lake City Cottonwood - the closest Marriott property to the famous Alta & Snowbird ski resorts in Little Cottonwood as well as the less crowded but still great Brighton & Solitude. It's located right at the base of Big Cottonwood Canyon, so it's ideal place to stay for hiking and mountain biking in the summer and epic skiing in the winter.
5. AC Hotel Park City - located near the Canyons Village section of Park City Mountain Resort and the Utah Olympic Park. Go watch the athletes training there in awe then take a ride yourself down the bobsled track at 80pmh.
4. Towneplace Suites St. George - St. George is one of the most popular places to visit among Utah local and just an hour from Zion National Park. Make sure to check out Pioneer Park, Dixie Sugarloaf, the St. George Temple Visitor Center, and Snow Canyon State Park for some easy, kid-friendly hikes.
3. Springhill Suites St. George Washington - Located outside St. George, this hotel in Washington is the closest Marriott property to Sand Hollow State Park & Quail Creek State Park. If golfing among the red rocks, playing on the finest sandy beach in Utah, cliff jumping, or boating is on your Utah bucket list then this hotel is a must!
2. Sheraton Park City - Park City isn't just for skiers or Sundance Film Festival-goers. It's a great place to visit year-round. And this hotel is centrally located between Deer Valley and the main Park City Mountain Resort area and near Main Street. It's a great mountain escape.